To promote and foster educational accomplishment in children and students. Using a positive empowerment approach, our concept will target children between the ages of five and eighteen, and bring challenge to the learning experience. Parents and educators will now have a tool that motivates children to earn---through effective problem solving---activities like game play, computer time, TV time and phone time. Parents and Kids empower the times, if needed, and the positive earning system parameters (KribKash - KribCredit - KribSavings).
CHILDREN will have access to new interactive games, social networks KRIBZONEJR - KRIBZONE - KRIBTOPIA - KRIBASEEDIA - KRIBTROPOLIS - KRIB-A-PALOOZA and virtual worlds that are built upon their achievement from their work - and work created by anyone (with the help of experts)! Children now have double the benefit since the educational Zones, including "Kribaseedia", "Kribtopia" (Collaborative Projects with moderation) and "Kribtropolis" (where Kids do their coursework) will shape behavior to help reach both short and long term goals.
The Gaming Krib is providing a much needed service in this technological age and is creating several win-win scenarios for all involved. By positively reinforcing (if the parent chooses this option) excessive online computer, games and cell phone use. Our platform will allow users to earn leisure game time after having successfully completed incremental and structured school and health related tasks. The end result of this involvement will be higher levels of school accomplishment, better grades, increased health awareness and students who are better prepared to enter this competitive world - all in a safe place.
A continually evolving patented software solution for education and home use; Our KribZone's, Kribapalooza, Kribtopia, Kribtropolis and Kribaseedia is designed to include social networking sites with a positive empowerment system of attribute and profile building from their work, games and supervised collaborative projects!
A short scenario which illustrates the impact of our software and hardware:
- Two concerned parents want their child to do better in math, or any subject for that matter, and decrease play time, but allow safe Social Networks for their kids. They sign up for service at the Gaming Krib, via our web portal.
- Out of the thousands of educational modules created and games, they select "math skills" and set parameters for allotted time to learn and "KribKash" awarded.
- The child tries to engage in a normal daily activity such as playing a video game or online game, watching the television, or using the cell phone; nothing works (except, in the case of the cell phone, important phone numbers are accessible).
- When the child accesses the computer, our education portal pops up.
- The pop up says, "Sorry son/daughter, you cannot run game, go online, turn on TV, or use phone until math questions are answered."
- The child runs the education module, Kribtropolis, and answers a certain percent of questions correctly (parents input parameters).
- Our portal opens the "KribZone","Kribtopia", our games or the Internet for an allotted amount of time for access. (Once again parents set parameters) as to how much time and what accesses are granted.
- Outcome: Game played, math learned, both parent and child happy. Both compromise.
- A parent gets a call from school regarding a child's bad behavior or lack of completed homework.
- Parent sends a text message via cell phone to us; we shut off access to various electronic media.
- Outcome: Parent will address the issue when back at home.
- A child has little motivation to do homework or other engage in other activities. The child would prefer playing a game or log into MYSPACE, YouTUBE or our KribZone.
- The child can gain motivation by building, maintaining, and visiting our virtual game cities in our game portals, "Kribtopia", by injecting themselves vicariously into this safe entrancing realm. And they could even WIN a President’s Volunteer Service Awards medal with us! For instance, the child completes one week of science modules in Kribtropolis and then has the ability to create a "research vessel" which takes other passengers aboard for a ride to explore this virtual world. Or, after completing a math module, the student can trade goods in a newly created skate board store. Or, while in one of our games he/she is asked to visit a museum (volunteer some time) and bring back information for others to see (uploading photos) or to complete a puzzle from the game they are involved in...and earns KribKash! The possibilities are literally endless. They can learn to speak and play Spanish games too!»
- Outcome: Game played, science and math learned, a visit to a museum, prizes!, both parent and child happy. Both compromise and child is motivated.
About the Gaming Krib
Founded in 1995, Our mission: is educational, global, and free. We welcome participation from everyone knowledgeable, broadly or narrowly, about any of the world's innumerable subjects. The Gaming Krib strives to create engaging interactive web, media, and information solutions that empower children, educators and parents. Our goals include for children, parents and educators include Social interaction online, Social interaction in the community, Problem solving, Character building/increase of self esteem, Increased communication with parents, Positive thinkers, Parental involvement, Learning objectives diverse, Meta-cognition (students' ability to gauge what they know and do not know), and deep-level questioning (in which students pose and explore "why" questions that build lasting understanding), Participants earning academic credits (if applicable with schools), Social awareness to issues of society, Game play and fun. Our staff focuses on finding the best solutions to enhancing a child's educational performance. Our services comprise strategic planning, needs analysis, multimedia and content development, e-learning, and complex application and hardware development.